Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Painted Bench


     It finally dried up, and warmed up enough for me to finish painting my bench. The sunshine also revived a few of my flowers, so all is not a complete lost on the foliage front. My sweet mister made this super cool rocking bench for me for my Christmas present one year. I'm sure you don't need me to point out, it was very sadly in need of a new paint job.


     I decided this go around, we were going to go dramatic with the paint. I need COLOR!


     Aaagh! So much better!


    It makes my eyes happy. Now if I can ever get something to grow and stay alive for more than a week to make the rest of the deck pretty! Maybe I'll just get fake flowers. Kidding!
     In other random news...have you ever sat on the ground and looked up to take pictures?


      How's this for blue?!


     How about looking straight across the ground?


       This...is a lily...which will be a flower. And if anything so much as breathes on it to destroy it...well...I'm not responsible for my actions.


     This thing will most likely decide to lay on it. But, I'll have to forgive her because she catches all the mice outside before they get in my house...and she is also the best babysitter ever! She takes all the abuse a two year old can heave at her with the dignity of a queen.


       So getting back to my bench. Have some unsightly woodenness sitting outside your house? Go paint it this very minute...you will do a happy dance when you're done.

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

3 comments:

  1. your dog is beautiful! :D <3
    http://oshifugushima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your dog is completely gorgeous! And so good-looking!!

    I love your bench - what a great makeover!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. I be taught something more difficult on different blogs everyday. It is going to all the time be stimulating to learn content from other writers and observe a bit one thing from their store. I’d want to make use of some with the content on my weblog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a link in your net blog. Thanks for sharing.driftwood decor australia


    ReplyDelete